- Olive oil, 1 tbsp
- a half-teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of sweet onions, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups of cooked chicken
- chicken stock, 1/4 cup
- Garlic cloves, 2
- Crushed smoke tomatoes ,3/4 cup
- Oregano, 1 teaspoon
- 1-2 chopped chipotle chiles
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- Corn tortilla
- Diced red onion
- 2 sliced avocados
- 1 lime
- A big skillet is on medium heat. Add the oil and onion after it’s heated. When tender, sauté for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and heat for a further 30 seconds. Add the cumin, oregano, and chipotles after stirring, and toast for one minute. Salt, stock, and tomatoes should all be added. Cook for 7 minutes after bringing to a simmer.
- Blend the tomato mixture until it is smooth in a powerful or standard blender.
- Put the pan back over low heat and add the blended sauce. Cook the chicken for 5 minutes after adding it. If required, taste and add additional salt.
- Get the garnishes ready. Top the tortillas with the chicken, then add the avocado slices, cilantro, red onion, and cotija cheese for decoration. Squeeze a lime wedge before serving.