One of those traditional, all-American comfort food dishes that bring warmth to the entire house and improve everything is banana bread. The charm of banana bread.Flour Options for Banana Bread
This dish can be customized! Any of the flours listed below will function nicely. I adore using white whole wheat flour and whole wheat pastry flour because they provide all the benefits of whole wheat without having a nutty flavor.
- Whole wheat flour
- Whole wheat pastry flour
- White whole wheat flour
- All-purpose flour
- Gluten-free all-purpose flour blend
- Spelt flour
*Advice How to Measure Flour
It’s crucial to accurately measure your flour for the finest results. The “spoon and swoop” method for measuring flour in cups is demonstrated as follows:
To loosen your flour, gently whisk it with a large spoon.
Do not scoop the flour; instead, plop it into your measuring cup.
With a butter knife, trim the extra material away.
You need just a few basic ingredients to make the finest banana bread ever with this nutritious recipe! Whole wheat flour is used in its preparation, while honey or maple syrup is used to naturally sweeten it. Check the recipe notes for instructions on how to make this banana bread gluten-free or vegan. Recipe makes one loaf (about 10 slices).
- ⅓ cup coconut oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- ¼ cup milk or water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt and cinnamon
- 1 ¾ cups flour
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit (165 degrees Celsius)
- Use a whisk to combine the oil and honey in a big bowl. After adding and thoroughly beating the eggs, whisk in the milk and mashed bananas.
- Mixing with a whisk, add the baking soda, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon. Finally, move to a large spoon and quickly incorporate the flour. Some lumps are okay. Gently fold in any more mix-ins now if you’re adding any.
- Add the cinnamon, salt, vanilla, and baking soda and stir to combine. Finally, switch to a big spoon and stir the flour in quickly. Some bumps are OK. If you’re adding any more mix-ins, gently fold them in now.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. At least ten minutes should pass while the bread cools in the loaf pan. To remove the bread from the pan, you might need to run a butter knife along the edges. Before slicing, carefully move the loaf to a wire rack to cool.