You’re always on the go and barely have time to sit down for a proper meal. But that doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice healthy, plant-based eating. As a busy vegan, you need snacks that are satisfying, portable, and packed with nutrition to fuel your active lifestyle. The good news is, vegan snacks have come a long way from carrot sticks and hummus. There are so many delicious options to stash in your bag, desk drawer, and car so you always have something wholesome and energizing on hand. In this article, you’ll discover 20 of the tastiest vegan snacks for busy days that you can feel good about eating. From protein-rich nut mixes and granola bars to savory chips and crisps, these snacks are perfect for vegans with places to go and things to do. So stock up your pantry and get ready to satisfy your hunger in a flash with the most satisfying vegan snacks for your busy life.
Trail Mix: The Perfect Protein Vegan Snack
Trail mix is the perfect on-the-go snack for busy vegans. This protein-packed blend of nuts, seeds, and dried fruit will satisfy your hunger and give you an energy boost whenever you need it.
Grab a bag of pre-made trail mix or make your own custom blend. Mix in your favorite nuts like almonds, peanuts, and cashews which provide healthy fats and plant-based protein. Add in seeds such as pumpkin, sunflower and chia seeds for extra nutrition. Dried fruit like raisins, cranberries, apricots and banana chips provide natural sweetness and antioxidants.
To make your own, combine:
- 2 cups raw nuts (almonds, peanuts, cashews)
- 1/2 cup raw seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, chia)
- 1 cup chopped dried fruit (raisins, cranberries, apricots, banana chips)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
Mix everything together in a large bowl and store in an airtight container or bag. Your trail mix will stay fresh for up to 2 weeks.
With a homemade or store-bought trail mix on hand, you’ll never go hungry when you’re on the go. This satisfying snack provides the perfect balance of protein, healthy fats and natural carbohydrates to keep you energized all day long. Best of all, trail mix is totally vegan and packed with nutrients, so you can feel good about enjoying this delicious Vegan snack whenever you get the urge. Happy snacking!
Fresh or Dried Fruit: Nature’s Candy
Nothing beats fresh or dried fruit when you’re on the go! Fruit is nature’s candy – sweet, satisfying and perfectly portable.
- Apples: An oldie but a goodie. Apples are crunchy, juicy and come in so many varieties. Grab a couple and you’ll have snacks for days.
- Bananas: Need a boost of energy? Peel a banana! They’re filled with potassium, fiber and vitamin B6.
- Berries: Blueberries, strawberries, raspberries – berries of all kinds are little bursts of flavor and nutrition. Throw some in a container or bag and you’ve got an antioxidant-rich snack that’s as healthy as it is delicious.
- Dates: Sweet, chewy dates are a treat. Stuff them with nut butter or mix them into trail mix for extra protein.
- Raisins: High in iron, raisins are the perfect snack for sustained energy. Add them to oatmeal, granola or enjoy them by the handful.
With so many options, you’ll never get bored. Keep a variety on hand for a tasty pick-me-up any time of day. Fruit gives you fiber, vitamins and natural sweetness without the crash.
Staying fueled on the go has never been so easy or enjoyable. Next time you’re out and about, reach for fruit. Your body and taste buds will thank you! With fruit, you can satisfy your sweet tooth the healthy way. So grab your favorites and snack happy!
Granola Bars: Crunchy, Chewy Goodness
Crunchy, Chewy Granola Bars
Granola bars are the perfect portable snack. They’re packed with energy, naturally sweet, and satisfyingly crunchy. Store-bought versions often contain excess sugar, preservatives, and artificial ingredients, so making your own is the way to go.
You’ll need old-fashioned oats, nuts like almonds or walnuts, seeds such as pumpkin or sunflower, coconut oil, maple syrup or agave nectar, and extras such as dried fruit, chocolate chips or peanut butter. Simply mix the dry ingredients, heat the wet ingredients, combine and press into a pan. Let set, then cut into bars. Homemade granola bars will stay fresh for up to 1 week stored in an airtight container or bag.
Some tasty combinations to try:
- Almond butter, banana and dark chocolate
- Peanut butter and jelly with crushed peanuts
- Tropical twist with mango, coconut and macadamia nuts
The options are endless! Get creative and add in your favorite mix-ins. Granola bars also make great gifts for friends and family. Wrap individual bars in wax paper and tie with string for a homemade treat they’ll surely appreciate.
Making your own granola bars ensures you know exactly what’s in them. You can control the amount of sweetener and add protein sources to keep you satisfied for hours. They may require a bit of prep, but will fuel you with energy and nutrition when you’re on the go. Granola bars are the perfect plant-based snack to keep in your bag, desk or car. With so many possible variations, you’ll never get bored of these crunchy, chewy bites of goodness. Happy snacking!
Hummus and Veggies: A Healthy Vegan Snack Combo
Hummus and Veggies: A Healthy Vegan Snack Combo
A winning vegan snack combo you’ll want to pack in your bag is hummus and fresh veggies. Hummus is a protein-packed chickpea dip that’s creamy, garlicky, and downright delicious. Pair it with crisp veggies like carrots, cucumbers, and bell peppers for a satisfying snack that’s perfect for on-the-go.
- Carrots: Carrots are nature’s perfect dipping tool. Their sweet crunchy sticks are ideal for scooping up hummus. Baby carrots are extra convenient since they’re pre-cut, so just grab a handful and go.
- Cucumbers: Cool cucumber slices refresh your palate with every bite. Their mild flavor lets the hummus shine through. Cucumbers also have a satisfying crunch that makes them a hummus dipping all-star.
- Bell Peppers: Colorful bell peppers in shades of red, yellow and green add flavor, nutrition and beauty to your hummus and veggie snack. Their slight bitterness contrasts nicely with the rich and savory hummus.
This winning vegan snack combo gives you the ideal mix of protein, healthy fats and vegetables. The chickpeas in hummus provide protein to keep you satisfied, while the olive oil delivers good fats that boost energy and absorption of fat-soluble vitamins. And of course, the fresh veggies add vitamins, minerals and volume, so you feel full and fueled.
To make your hummus and veggie Vegan snack even more portable, pack the hummus, veggies and any utensils in a reusable container or bag. This snack is ready whenever hunger strikes, so you can avoid less healthy options. Your body and mind will thank you for this simple, nutritious snack that keeps you going all day long. Hummus and veggies – the perfect pairing for busy vegan Snack on the go!
Vegan Jerky: Meaty Without the Meat
Jerky: The Perfect Protein-Packed Snack
Jerky is the ideal snack for busy vegans on the go. Whether you’re hiking, road tripping, or running errands, jerky will satisfy your hunger pangs with a meaty chew and savory flavor minus the meat. Homemade or store-bought, jerky is lightweight, non-perishable, and packed with protein to keep you energized.
- Make your own jerky at home with extra-firm tofu, tempeh, or seitan. Slice it thinly, marinate in a mixture of soy sauce, maple syrup, and spices, then dehydrate in the oven at a low temperature until chewy. Homemade vegan jerky will last up to a week stored in an airtight bag or container.
- Look for pre-made vegan jerky brands like Primal Spirit, Louisville Vegan Jerky Co., or Vegan Dream. Flavors like Thai Chili, Hickory BBQ, and Teriyaki will satisfy any craving. These jerkies are usually made from soy, wheat gluten or pea protein and contain 10-15 grams of protein per serving.
- Jerky isn’t just for snacks – use it in place of bacon or sausage on pizza or salads, or rehydrate in broth for a quick ramen topper.
- Make your own flavored nut butters for extra protein by blending nuts like almonds or peanuts with maple syrup, cocoa powder, or pumpkin pie spice. Spread on bread, fruit or eat by the spoonful.
Vegan jerky and nut butter are protein powerhouses that will keep you fueled for whatever the day brings. Toss a few bags or containers in your bag or car and you’ll never be without a satisfying snack again. Stay energized the vegan way!